1SITE, a "do-it-yourself", Website Builder software from Visual Vision, has more than a just a few great features. After browsing the easy-to-read, 74-page PDF User's Manual that accompanies the 30-day trial version, I began creating pages, according to the instructions, within mere minutes. For all those who believe - and probably with good reason - that the designing of a website or personal web page - from scratch - is more often a chore than a creative process, I have wonderful news: It doesn't have to be!!! ISITE has everything layed out right before your very eyes - and at your fingertips - for designing a website that yields instant gratification.
When I turned to the Internet for finding writing projects, my first self-assigned task was to create a web presence that best depicted my writing abilities. Having no experience - at that time - in the design/development of web pages, I scoured local bookstores, and purchased every "how-to" book available on HTML, website design, and SEO. My intention was to begin my task not entirely blind to the process. Surfing the Net, I found countless web builder "testdrives", and took advantage of each and every one. However, each "testdrive"site had their own set of obstacles to overcome, and I lost both my interest and patience rather quickly.
Needless to say, floating out there in Cyberspace - right now - are close to a half dozen, uncompleted websites that belong to me. I eventually chose to go with Microsoft's free Beta-version, web-builder from Office Live and have had some success, but continue to run into the same main obstacle - an obstacle, much to the credit of the Visual Vision's development team, that is completely resolved by using the 1SITE software.
Except those highly educated in HTML, anyone who has spent countless hours working within a Page Editor to design their perfect page, only to view something that looks completely unformated and unorganized once uploaded to preview, will know exactly the obstacle of which I speak. 1SITE has the brilliant solution and its simply called WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). For the user, this means that your chosen font style/size and content layout, the colors of your design and background, and the pictures you may have uploaded to complement your new site page, will all be there, exactly as you designed, when you upload to view or, more importantly, publish to the Web. This is an amazing feature for amature web builders.
Most "free" Web Builder sites offer their lowest package at no-cost for a reason. The user, or "testdriver", will become completely frustrated with having to redo their pages, and gladly purchase the next highest package, which will, of course, do it all - but for a pretty penny. 1SITE makes this part of web page creating an absolute dream. Without that worry, it becomes all about creating your presence.
For those who have HTML knowledge and want to utilize it to build their pages, 1SITE does, indeed, support this option, so even the most experienced Web Sight Designer can enjoy this user-friendly software. However, it is clearly stated in the PDF Manual that "1SITE is not a code editing tool". For beginner to itermediate builders, without the worry of codes or programming, the user can enjoy the very moment of creative thought. The Visual Vision developers designed and developed 1SITE for speed and efficiency, its sole purpose being the acceleration of the the often frustrating web design process. They certainly succeeded.
The following are just a few of the A+ features offered with the 1SITE "Create-Your-Own-Website-With-Ease" software:
* FullyVisual, no coding, no HTML
* Whole sites can be managed as a single file - a whole document.
This eliminates continuously loading and saving pages,makes for easy search and revision.
* Simultaneous browsing and editing of links with a double-click.
* Visual linking with active, side-by-side window view of linked page
* Easy insert of images, flash media, and audio files from disks, folders, other websites, etc.
* Hundreds of user-friendly functions: frames with drag & drop, mouse-over "sensitive" images, headers and footers, slides, keywords, advanced searches, links to other sites, internal customer forms for inserting into pages, every imaginable color and font style
* Internal Internet publishing (FTP), with automatic detection of modified pages. HTML is fully compatible with all browsers (no different pages for NS, Mozilla, Opera, IE).
* Main functions are very similar to Word Processors, reduced learning time
* Advanced functions available for experts for inserting HTML, etc..
* Fast Installation, Easy Unstall, Extremely Smart
* Uses on 16 MB Ram, no DLLs, takes up little or no room, can run on any computer
* For Win 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / XP
* Support for "third-party" plug-in options such as Web Hosting, Counters, Banners, Buttons, Redirection Images, Statistic Monitoring, and more
* The PDF Manual is 100% on-the-mark in providing everything you need to know about the 1SITE software, trouble-shooting, FAQ's, and it makes for very interesting reading
My Recommendation: You can't do any better than 1SITE for creating a unique, fully-functional website. It beats all the others out there in CyberWorld, offering similar - but not nearly as fine - software.
The Professional, full-version 1SITE is now available for purchase through April 10th for $89.90. The 30-Day Trial Version, well worth the download, is considered the (LITE) version so, honestly, I imagine it only gets better!